Friday, August 24, 2012

Fresh Season

Who am I? Who will I become? How is the Lord going to use me in this season? 

Sometimes the answers are hard to wait for. I want to know what's to come. But there is something special about surprises. 

"For the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end - it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay" -Hab 2:3

I've always loved holidays, really any of them, for two reasons: 1. Quality time with family. (funny stories revisited, laughs, encouragement, fellowship) 2. Surprises. I am such a sucker for getting and giving them (But I did inherit my dad's quality of hardly being able to wait to give things. So, people often get things early from me because I can't wait :) Is there really anything better than getting a taste of that childlike anticipation again? 

And so, as Joseph and I start this new chapter of our lives, I can hardly wait for all the surprises the Lord has in store for us! 

"If you, then, though you are evil. know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" -Matt 7:11


Friday Praise Report:
-We have found a great apartment. Good price, great size, good location.
-My Mom, Thea, and Mandy came for a quick trip up this week, and I was so blessed by their company and encouragement.
-The sun is out today.
-I'm able to work from my favorite coffee shop, where I believe I've officially become a regular :)
-I was able to talk with my Grandpa today and he gave me some very encouraging words. I asked how he was doing. "I'm doing good. I'm always doing pretty good. The way I see it, every day is another day the Lord has made. I just wake up and role with the punches." 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, TiAnna! I'm coming upon a new chapter in my life as well. It'd be nice to know the future, but I find comfort in knowing God will provide. That gold hair clip is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete