Tuesday, September 4, 2012

You Are What You Speak



If there is one area that I wish I could instantly change about me, it's my self talk. I find myself struggling not to get down on myself about just about everything. Once I let that negative voice in my head to have the power, it's so hard to regain control and I can spiral. Isn't it amazing how the Enemy uses those thoughts to totally throw us off in so many areas of our life. 

You decide it's time to start setting aside more time for devotions? You can't focus on the days of success because the morning you slept in is filling you with guilt. 
You decide it's time to start your journey of health? Every temptation that you succumb to is ridden with guilt and you beat yourself up so much that you feel like a failure instead of viewing it as a journey.

I am done with letting this rule my life. It's time for this to change! I've decided to chose positive declarations to write out and claim as mine to chose life over this death-by-guilt. For me, there is nothing more powerful then to declare, out loud, truths. It's hard, but it's necessary. It realigns me with truth, leaving behind all the garbage this world throws at me.

My assignment for the week: Write out 5 things you have "become" and 5 more things you are still working on, but all in present tense. Even if they aren't totally mastered, speak with authority and IT WILL COME!

Here are some ideas to get you started, but of course word them in a way that makes them powerful for you!
I am healthy.
I am thriving.
I am a daughter/son of the Most High
I can approach the Lord with boldness
I am a great wife/husband.
I am a healthy mom/dad.
I am loving and patient.
I am setting an example in ____ for my family.
I am active and enjoying doing things that involve movement.
I am proactive and have a plan for my health.
I keep myself hydrated with lots of water.
I fuel my body throughout the day to keep my metabolism even
I am treating my body like a temple.
I am creating health to that I can ____ by the new year/next month.
I have perseverance and I am seeing this through.
I am making a lifestyle change that will last.
I am lowering my blood pressure.
I am lengthening my life.
I am smart.
I am learning to cook healthfully.
I am fun to be with and have meaningful relationships.
I am making a change for life.
I am doing this for me.
I feel good about my body.
I am confident.
My identity is in Christ alone.


Speak those things out loud EVERY DAY. You are who you say you are, so no negative self talk this week, (Don't even let it slip to say "Dumb" or anything negative about your thoughts or actions. You are smart) even if things aren't perfect. When those negative thoughts come into your brain, instead think on these declarations. You ARE creating great health in your life!




Want health in your life? Contact me. I would love to walk along side you and help you to achieve your goals.





No comments:

Post a Comment