Monday, October 15, 2012

Hello Again

During the month of September, we were living in Oregon with family, enjoying a break between Joseph's internship and full time work. I wasn't as close to my computer and definitely missed my routine. The month in a nutshell:


Loved Getting to Train with my Team


Fun Mom time after a year too far away :)


Ran the Warrior Dash!


Picking up our furniture with my mamma! Just us, driving a trailer!


Dates with my love!

Soaking up time on the water.

Wine tasting and grape stomping!
It was a lovely vacation.

And so I'm back. Hopefully to a little more consistency.

No serious promises though ;) One of the way the Lord has been growing me this year is in letting go. I've always needed to be in total control of situations. Planning a wedding helped to break this possibility, and our first year of marriage solidified it. Having another person living in the same (very small) space as you, with different habits, means compromise, not control.

And can I say it feels so good?! I'm more free. And more late. And a little less organized. A little less rigid  I'm also less stressed and whole heck of lot more fun.


And we aren't finished fully organizing and unpacking, but the basics are finished. Here's a few pictures of our new apartment!







It's the perfect place to call home. Comfortable, airy, ours.

2 comments:

  1. Your apartment is beautiful! Isn't it funny that when you get married you think you're going to focus on the other person's problems? God definitely used marriage to show me the things I need to work on like a large mirror. It's so exciting to be out of school and take on the next stage in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true. I didn't realize I would grow so much, but I sure am thankful for it!:)

    ReplyDelete