Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Evelyn is Here!

Our precious girl has arrived! Today she is one week old and the time together is flying by. Evelyn Collette Wright was born November 5th at 2:59 pm weighing in at 6 lbs 10 oz and 19 inches long. We've been snuggled up in our apartment, enjoying a beautifully slow pace of life this week. Resting and healing and figuring out this nursing and sleeping thing have taken up much more of my life than I could have realized. That whole "sleep when the baby sleeps" thing isn't just nice sounding advice. It's how you survive :) Well that, and all of the incredible help and support we have received. Thank you to all who have sent your messages of love and support, those that have brought meals, and especially to my mom who has been invaluable in helping around the house and holding this beauty while I shower or sleep.

I'm looking forward to writing out the story of her birth soon, but for now, let me tell you she has the most perfect lips, the cutest noises, looong legs, and Joseph's eyelashes (which I prayed for profusely!). Eye color is to be determined.



Evelyn loves:
-Sleeping. Sleeping. Sleeping.
-Making smiles and grimaces in her sleep.
-Drinking milk
-Making dirty diapers
-Snuggling with Daddy
-Napping with Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment