Sunday, November 2, 2014

38 Week Bumpdate

Total Weight Gain: 28 lbs
38 weeks and still going!

Symptoms:  I'm having a huge aversion. To Halloween. I hate everything about it- lol! I'm basically the Grinch of Halloween (not that I am usually a huge fan, but I just let it pass without much thought). So glad it's finally over! Bring on the best holidays!
-Also, I do Braxton Hicks contractions like a beast. Always present, never leaving, and strengthening my hulk of a uterus. Here's to hoping it makes for an efficient birth!
-And don't forget all the fun stuff like itchy skin, slightly swollen ankles and lower back ache. I can't wait for the time when I completely forget about my lower back's existence again.
-My stretch marks are getting darker and more plentiful, but I count it all as joy. There's a person on the other end of this sacrifice and my body is meant for function as well as beauty. 
-Hilarity. This week, all of these symptoms and changes are hilarious to me. Pardon all my pregnancy humor posts to come- they are just too good!

Size of the baby:  She's get-this-baby-out-now size. 

Sleep:  When I take my herbs, I sleep great, with usually 2-4 bathroom breaks in there.

Best Moment Last Week: This was my last week working my second job. I'm still enjoying Health Coaching from home, but it's nice to start the slowing down process. And it was SO nice to start stocking up some freezer meals. 

Movement: All over. She's head down, but sort of spinning on an axis. I keep thinking she must be circling around, ready to drop into position once she finds a spot she likes. 

Cravings:  I rotate between not really wanting to eat at all and being football player hungry. I'm choosing balance even when it doesn't come so easy :)

What I Miss: Walking like a normal person. You guys, the waddling is real and about impossible to hide. 

What am I looking forward to:  A fairly quiet week of finishing up some projects, putting away a few more meals, cheering on my clients, mentoring the health coaches in my practice, coffee dates, walk dates, and resting.

Milestones: I have learned that my Braxton Hicks contractions (the ones that are warm ups, the "fake ones") don't follow the rules: they speed up with walking, don't stop with resting or water, happen pretty much all the time, and even some of them come in wave-like patterns. Basically, I'm just learning to ignore them and try to go back to the comfortable waiting instead of the daily "today could be the day?!" frenzy. 

How is Daddy?  Evelyn is definitely responding to his voice and touch. It is so sweet to watch her play back when he touches my tummy. It's incredible!

1 comment: