Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Tree Adventure


I'm not sure if you can count me as a "country girl." I don't live by country music. I don't own a horse. I don't wear carharts. And the only boots I own are either urban, hiking, or muddy work rubber boots. But, I grew up in Christmas tree farm and cattle country. I love the open space and quiet. And I haven't really boughten a Christmas tree in town. 

A couple of weeks ago, I had trees on the brain so I started listening and watching for pricing. Um, hello! I was a little shocked. Used to $10 u-cuts, let's just say Bellevue pricing didn't fit into the budget. Perfectly timed, we went home for two friends' wedding this weekend. Just in time to pick up a tree. 




Dad's advice: What looks little at the farm, is huge in your house. And so, I found the smallest one that was still taller than me. And yes, it's still pretty enormous.

Prepping for the 4 hour transport



We had some tipping trouble... 

I had originally planned to pick out our tree and decorate it on a different day to spread out the fun. Obviously from the pictures, I couldn't wait. :) I didn't expect doing our own tree would be so exciting!


Joseph and I had a blast doing the whole thing together- straighening (No easy task), lights, ribbon, ornaments. It was so wonderful to spend such a fun time together, listening to Bing Crosby, She & Him, Straight No Chaser, and discovering ThePianoGuys. Seriously beautiful music. 

I was a little amazed at our ornament collection. I guess I've been gathering for awhile. For a girl who doesn't do collections, ornaments are a perfect solution- small, sentimental, put away for most of the year, no day-to-day clutter. And so, we have some pretty fun ones. I'm really looking forward to finding our special ornament for this year together. Maybe on our date to Leavenworth!




Our Christmas Dates Check-List
1: Pumpkin Party
2: Cinnamon Ornament Making
3: Pick our Tree
3: Decorate the Tree
4: Snowflake Lane 
5: Hot Chocolate Hike
6: Explore Leavenworth for the day 
7: Drive around looking at Christmas lights
8: Face the crowds and go window shopping
9: Stay in and bake some Holiday goodies
10: Walk around the Bellevue Botanical Garden 
11: Pick out our 2012 ornament
12: Christmas Movie Night






No comments:

Post a Comment