Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Dates Wrap Up




Life can get busy. And when life gets busy, my blogging isn't always prompt. But that's alright :)

Our 12 Dates of Christmas Check-List
1: Pumpkin Party
2: Cinnamon Ornament Making 
3: Pick our Tree
3: Decorate the Tree
4: Snowflake Lane 
5: Hot Chocolate Hike
6: Explore Leavenworth for the day 
7: Drive around looking at Christmas lights
8: Face the crowds and go window shopping
9: Stay in and bake some Holiday goodies
10: Walk around the Bellevue Botanical Garden 
11: Pick out our 2012 ornament
12: Christmas Movie Night
Bonus: Ice Skating

Hot Chocolate Hike

12/16 This past weekend we had plans up the wazoo. And then about half of them got canceled, leaving us with a full but peaceful two days.

Saturday afternoon, in the rain (got to love the Northwest!) we went for a walk in a new park. And of course, a thermos of homemade hot chocolate to keep us warm.

The steam was incredible. It traveled so far and hung so long!



Leavenworth Day
12/8 Two weeks ago I read The Snow Child for my book club. If you are looking for some magical fiction to escape into, pick up this book. It is a wonderful book set in Alaska. I had snow topped mountains on the brain as we left for Leavenworth the next day.

Driving up was breathtaking. I knew it was near the mountains. I didn't know it was in them. There was a fresh 21" of snow the night before to the delight of the snowboarders and us. It looked like the inside of a snow globe! (Only bummer thing: We decided to bring our camera for better pictures. And I just haven't gotten around to pulling them off my camera..)

I wasn't sure what to expect when we got into town, but we were met by a town-wide celebration. Everything is Barvarian, festive, and busy. And everynight they have a lighting ceremony. My toes practically fell off while waiting, but Joseph gave me his gloves, so I lived :)

And we found our 2012 ornament to remember our wonderful day trip, and Joseph even snuck-bought the best leather computer bag/large purse for me. Such a surprise on Christmas!!


Ice Skating
12/4 Early in the season, right when the Bellevue rink opens up, there are BOGO nights. And we had a blast ice skating with our friends Keith and Marie! I didn't even fall! Except when I tried to stand still for a photo!


























We didn't get everything on the list finished, but I'm not bothered. If I hadn't tried, we may have only gotten one or two of these things in. Instead, we have tons of fun Christmas season memories! 












No comments:

Post a Comment