Friday, September 5, 2014

30 Week Bumpdate

Last week..
29 Weeks and hiking the trail
This week...
30 weeks

Total Weight Gain: I vow to get some scale batteries THIS week. Grace covers this busy time :) But from what my midwife appointment mid-day weigh said this week, it looks like I'm gaining about the same pound a week. 
Symptoms: Nothing too crazy- Still have my stuffy nose every morning and a little acid reflux in the evenings. Over all, very thankful for how comfortable I am. 
Size of the baby:  15.5 inches and about 3 pounds
Sleep: Sleeping is getting a little more uncomfortable. This may be the week I break down and borrow a body pillow :) 
Best Moment Last Week: Going backpacking with my whole family! It was so fun to unplug and get away together. 
Movement: Little Miss E is very active in the morning and at night before I fall asleep. She actually wakes me up in the morning!

Cravings: This past week has been more suggestion-based cravings. I see over-ripe bananas, and I can only think of banana bread. Someone mentions apple season, and warm applesauce sounds like THE best. Currently thinking about applesauce again.. Keeping the food choices very balanced and healthy so this baby grows strong and I don't just grow extra wide ;) 
What I Miss: My waist. It's pretty much gone now. And I forget just how pregnant I look until I look at myself sideways in a mirror- Surprise!!
What am I looking forward to: Joseph DOESN'T work tomorrow! It's our first Saturday together in far too long. 
Milestones: God is doing such a cool work in my heart. I've always admired mamas' toughness. They just get stuff done without complaining in a way I hoped, but doubted, would ever come naturally. And yet somehow over the last couple of months, I have found myself complaining less (in my head as well as my words). Hottest summer in 100 years? Somehow this heat-wimp is taking that in stride. Moving while pregnant? Slow, but do-able. Backpacking trip 29 weeks pregnant? Not the most comfortable thing I've ever done, but not half bad either. Maybe it's my brain shifting from the expectation of getting taken care of to preparing to be the one taking care of. And I'm so thankful for this change! 

How is Daddy? Incredible. After a couple miles, he carried my pack on our hike like the stud he is. I'm amazed at how well he is taking care of his girls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment