Friday, October 3, 2014

34 Week Bumpdate

Pardon the bathroom selfie. Done is better than perfect :)
Total Weight Gain: 23 lbs
Symptoms:  Insomnia still rolls on. And the naps still roll on. And the lower back pain is getting combated by yoga. Okay, that's a little whiney. Mostly, when I've had some decent sleep the night before, things are lovely. It's harder to remember that when I'm sleep deprived. 
Size of the baby:  The size charts are really starting to vary at this point. 18 inches and 4.5 lbs
Sleep: Less solid, that's for sure. It's harder to get comfy and I get woken out of a deep sleep by this little mover. I guess this is getting ready for a newborn kind of schedule. But keeping up with my bedtime routine of a bath and then stretching, even when I think I'm tired enough not to need it, is mostly resolving the crazy-late nights. 
Best Moment Last Week: Painting Evelyn's room. And having lots of people over for tea dates or dinner. It's been a blessing enjoying all the friends and family that are so close! 
Movement: Better question: When is she NOT moving? 

Cravings: Pizza. This week it feels like the healthy cravings are all gone and what I really want is just pizza for every meal. lol. Thankful my life isn't ruled by my cravings! 
What I Miss: Sleep. Are you sensing a pattern this week? ;)
What am I looking forward to:  Getting this nursery finished. The goal is by the end of next weekend! 
Milestones: I've hit that glorious "nesting" phase. I'm actually enjoying and looking forward to all the little projects I want to finish before Evelyn's arrival. I was starting to get nervous it was going to feel like a list of chores until the very end, but I'm feeling inspired and oddly energized by it all. 

How is Daddy?  Joseph started classes this week for his apprenticeship! He's rockin this balance thing and helping so much in finishing up our home organization. Almost everything has a place now :)

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! TiAnna, you look so great! You're really rocking a healthy pregnant lifestyle. I'm picking up things from you to implement into my next pregnancies. I totally know all too well the sleep difficulty - but take heart! Once baby is born, you may sleep short stretches, but the sleep is SO much deeper. I remember a friend telling me that before Ruby was born, and I was so pleased to find it's truth.

    And... I really love the stars on your wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is SO wonderful to hear another mama confirm that! I can't wait for deep sleep again ;)
    And thank you! So glad I can inspire even just a little bit (whether house or pregnancy!).

    ReplyDelete