Friday, October 24, 2014

37 Week Bumpdate

She's dropped some more and I can breath easy! 
Total Weight Gain: 26
Symptoms:  Stretch marks. It has happened. But with my tummy so tight and so many contractions every day, it makes sense. I'm really surprised at how un-bothered I am. With all of the changes happening, it feels like not a big deal in exchange for helping create a human. And they are light (please pray that they stay light and my heart stays relaxed about it!)
Size of the baby:  We're taking guesses. 6-7 lbs are the guesses right now. Plus side: apparently my hips could easily handle a 9 pounder!
Sleep:  This week I have had nights of 3 hours of sleep and nights of 10 hours of sleep. So if you see me in town with a tired look, it's probably pretty legitimate ;) 
Best Moment Last Week: Joseph and I finally took some cute pictures together with this belly bump. And I got to spend a whole afternoon with my mom getting my nails done, shopping, and basically playing hooky from life. Hey, there are perks to labor false alarm days ;) 
Movement: Plenty, especially between contractions. Poor things doesn't like getting squished!
And for all of us who thought she dropped last week, this week she has dropped even more! As in, I have like 4 inches of waist!

Cravings:  Great Harvest muffins, soup, milk, cheese. 
What I Miss: 2nd trimester comfort. Seriously. But I wonder if it isn't a blessing that the end isn't the most comfortable part. Birth is looking better and better with each passing day. 
What am I looking forward to:  Heather's baby shower tonight! 
And our birth class this weekend. It will be good to take some time to prepare. 
And hitting the 37 week milestone so that people can stop telling me that it's really better if the baby stays in longer (remember people, I really don't have control over this! lol).
And getting a few last minute projects out of the way before E comes. 
Milestones: I received our baby book in the mail this week! It's been so fun starting to write in it. I'm also looking forward to printing these blog posts to keep inside the cover. 

How is Daddy?  Helping me with my organizational nesting cheerfully all while balancing a big load with work and school and baby on the way. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete