Thursday, October 9, 2014

35 Week Bumpdate

Total Weight Gain: 23.5 lbs
Symptoms:  Did you know nausea can come back in the third trimester? That's fun. Just tack it on to the tiredness. All of that combined with the heat that still sticking around in OR is definitely making me very ready to get this baby out. 
Size of the baby:  The size charts are really starting to vary at this point. 18 inches and 4.5 lbs is the average. But from this week on out, nothing is really accurate (since babies are born between 17&22 inches long and 6-10 lbs..) Basically, she's good sized and can come out almost at any time :)
35 Weeks big! 
Sleep: Almost non existent. 6 hours a night is a good night. 5, not bad. 4 is where we really get teary. Pushing through. Choosing joy. Looking forward to this part of this season being done. 
Best Moment Last Week: Going to Bauman Farms with Joseph. It was so fun to go on this date I have been looking forward to since the spring. Only funny thing was I had always pictured it in sweaters and boots. Instead, we were sweating it out in T shirts and shorts. Rolling with the season! 
Movement: Evelyn's little kicks are getting higher! I can't believe how much she has grown

Cravings:  Quiche. Green smoothies. Pumpkin treats (but isn't everyone thinking of those in October?). Milk.
What I Miss: Being able to fall asleep on my own before 2 am. 
What am I looking forward to:  Finishing the major nursery projects this weekend! Look for pictures in the near future :)
Milestones: Realizing that every time someone reminds me to enjoy where I'm at, it's okay. It doesn't mean I was spilling discontent. And also I think I've realized with going from a couple to parents, you just can't know what you're going to miss until it's really changed. And that's okay too. Grace covers. I am enjoying these moments and so excited for the next ones too. 

How is Daddy?  Helping me get our little home ready. We got the balcony cleared! (check off my nesting list). We're almost all moved in/organized, and that feels fantastic

1 comment:

  1. I have a really hard time with the idea of always enjoying where I'm at. I'm supposed to enjoy that my adoption was cancelled and that we are back almost at square one? :) I am content in God's care but still grieving over losing my daughter. I think it's ok to be looking forward to Evelyn arriving!

    ReplyDelete