Thursday, May 31, 2018

26 Week Bumpdate

I feel like I’ve really popped the last couple weeks! It’s cracking me up lol πŸ˜† 




Size of Baby Andrew: About 14 inches long and a pound and 2/3 😊

Feeling: Heartburn has gone way down this week (so thankful) but the siatic nerve pain is new and so INTENSE. I’m doing what I can with lots of foam rolling and stretching and walking, but this is something I will be thrilled to see go away once we are on the other side of birth. 

Fitness: It seems like the more that I move, the less the siatic pain is, so I’m moving! Doing yard work, cleaning the house, and taking walks -either with Evelyn or by myself after she goes to bed for the night. These evening walks by myself are becoming my absolute favorite. It’s so good to decompress and pray and enjoy the almost-summer evenings!

Sleep: I bought a pregnancy wedge (Toys R Us clearance- score!) and it has been really comfortable to help relieve a little pressure from my growing tummy when side sleeping. 

Best Moment From Last Week: Memorial Day weekend was so fun! We got to celebrate my Grandpa’s 80th birthday in a big way and my brother Caleb and his wife Brittany were in town from Iowa. It was such great quality time with everyone. Plus we got a lot of things done around our house on Monday. 

Movement: So much movement! It’s amazing- very different from Evelyn. And either I’ve really started feeling his booty or (way more probable since I though the same thing with Ev until told otherwise), we’ve starting having good practice contractions/Braxton Hicks.
Cravings:  Holy cow- I know this is a pregnancy craving because I haven’t thought about this food in about a decade, but Manicotti. It hit me a few nights ago and sounds so good! Plus side to being gluten free, things like this are harder to give into! Staying the course and thankful that it takes some extra effort to make things like this happen (which usually means I can say no by the time it comes around again)

Total Weight Gain: I forgot to check today and instead of waiting until tomorrow when I remember (and that possibly going on for a few days), I’m just going to rain check this one until next week. 

What am I looking forward to this week: We have a pretty simple week ahead of us. So I'm looking forward to picking some strawberries with Evelyn and my mom and then knocking a few more tasks off of my nesting list. 

Milestones:  Every week as we get closer to 28 weeks my heart feels lighter, knowing that viability keeps getting better and better! These are things I never really thought about when I was pregnant with Evelyn but between the Downs diagnosis and the placenta previa diagnosis, every week of not bleeding is a huge blessing! 

Fashion: I got my hair trimmed up this week and it feels so fresh and cute! 

How is Daddy and Evelyn? Joe is cranking out some major things off of our list of to-dos before baby comes! It’s so fun to accomplish each of these things (cleaning out a closet, or organizing the laundry cupboard, organizing the garage and sorting the backpacking gear, etc) So thankful to be getting these things done together! 

And Evelyn and I are having a really fun time soaking each other up. She finished a month of swimming lessons this week and we are ready for pool time this summer! It has been so fun to watch her become more and more brave in the water. I have my gym membership for 2 more months, so any afternoon that it's warm, you'll find us swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment