Friday, November 2, 2012

Recipe and Praise Report

It's almost the weekend!!
On the weekends I am all about relaxed cooking. Soups to cozy up to, easy baking, or slow cooker recipes are what I like to go for. So today I bring you a delicious lean and green recipe for your slow cooker!

Spanish Crockpot Chicken
Ingredients
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 large onion, diced
1 can of no-salt-added green beans
4-8 oz sliced mushrooms
1/2 tsp tarragon
1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash chicken seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 (16 oz) can of diced tomatoes (I used Italian-style with basil)
1 large green bell pepper, diced

Arrange chicken in bottom of crockpot. Add remaining ingredients on top. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Serve and enjoy!





Friday Praise Report
Friday Praises for the month of November are going to be my way of listing the things around my I am thankful for. I'm giving thanksgiving for:
-The crisp day- It's not raining.
-The colors outside are SO VIBRANT!
-I'm enjoying a chai latte. yum.
-We were able to have our pastor and his wife over for dinner last night. So thankful for fellowship.
-Joseph and I passed out candy at the Halloween at Crossroads event. Blessed by all those smiling little ones.
-My husband. I think this week I have found a new gratefulness for him. I realized I was taking all his sweetness for granted. So this week I decided to notice again. And, can I say, he's incredible! The kindness and love he has for me is far more than this emotional lady deserves. He's always there with a big hug to calm me down, a foot massage to put me to sleep, and endless showerings of kisses. I am starting to see how you can be more in love with each passing year. I know his heart more, his mannerisms more, his humor more, his love languages.
-My health. The way I feel this fall compared with last fall is so different. I feel strong, stable, healthy, alive, energetic, young. :)

Life is good. It is well with my soul.

To celebrate this beautiful fall, we have a big hike planned for tomorrow. What are you all doing on your weekend?






No comments:

Post a Comment