Thursday, July 26, 2018

34 Week Bumpdate

Me and my fellow pregnant mama ;) 
Size of Baby Andrew: Somewhere near 4 and 3/4 pounds and 18 inches long. So close to birthing size these days!

Feeling: -Honestly, and this has been true basically since I stopped being nauseated, I keep forgetting I'm pregnant. People will ask me how far along I am or when I'm due and I first think "What are they talking about?" lol!
-Physically I still feel pretty comfortable. I waddle a little when I walk, but I suppose that's not the worst thing! 
-Nesting! I love the little push this gives you to accomplish little projects or cleaning or organizing. It feels great! 

Fitness: It has been blazing hot so evening walks have been more sporadic. But I've stayed decently active running errands, cleaning the house, and swimming with Evelyn. It’s nice with my Fitbit knowing that I’ve gotten enough steps in or if I need to take some focused walking time. 

Sleep: So much insomnia. It has been rough. When I was pregnant with Evelyn, this part was the worst. Think weeks of hardly any sleep and crumpling into a puddle of tears kind of rough. It hasn't been as many days in a row, but it is still so so hard. I've had a few good nights of sleep this week (including last night! Hooray!) so I am still a functioning human with a happy heart. 
Side note: when someone who is pregnant mentions they aren't sleeping well (and it's more than a single night), please don't tell them it's good practice for a newborn or that they will be getting even less sleep in a few weeks.... That is terrifying to hear. And I wonder if my entry into motherhood was so rough because of how depleted I was to begin with? Encourage them to talk to their provider and find some solutions. And nap. ALLLLL the naps!

Best Moment From Last Week: Joe and I took Evelyn to a Volcanoes baseball game and it was a blast. Knocked another thing off our summer bucket list and made a great memory. 

Movement: I’m feeling Andrew stretch long where I feel him at the top and bottom at th same time! That’s pretty cool. 

Cravings:  Panda Puff cereal. It's an organic corn cereal that's peanut butter, not too much sugar, and heavenly! And the craving is strong lol

Total Weight Gain: 25 lbs. 


What am I looking forward to this week: Heading to the lake for the weekend with my parents! It's going to be a blast soaking in some sun and water before baby is here!

Milestones:  I'm pretty sure I got Andrew in the head down position this week! Whoop whoop! He was transverse at my last appointment so I went to spinningbabies.com and have been doing some of their exercises to help encourage him to rotate.

Fashion: Did I mention it’s been HOT? So it’s been a lot of swimsuit, shorts, tanks, and ponytails while Evelyn and I go to the pool all the time!

How is Daddy and Evelyn? We’ve had such a fun week of being together. We’ve gotten such great quality time with Joe since he’s not working overtime at the moment (usually this is a big push time for his work and overtime in July and August is pretty typical). And Evelyn has been a big helper with all Mom’s little nesting projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment